Wednesday, December 16, 2009

How much do you pay (or charge) for a haircut, color with highlights and style?

And how much do you tip?How much do you pay (or charge) for a haircut, color with highlights and style?
My hair stylist charges between $180-$400 depending on what he's doing to my hair. He is AMAZING so I give him a pretty big tip.


When I get my hair done elsewhere, it's usually between $80-$200. For all that it would probably be over the $150 mark, at a good place. Depending how well they do I would tip between $10-$50.





If you know any hairdressers personally, they will probably lower the price for you, or even do it for free!How much do you pay (or charge) for a haircut, color with highlights and style?
I once got my hair highlighted, cut and styled and when I went to pay the bill she said $185. I had never gotten highlights before but I wanted to pass out and vomit. I expected more like $135. My hair was medium.. but I did get the highlights throughout the whole head. I tipped the color person $10, the haircutter $7 and the hair-washer $3. I didn't want to honestly, but I felt badly because I knew the huge overhead wasn't going to them and it's not their fault the salon was that expensive.





I think under $150 (including tip) would be reasonable for all that.
When I go to get mine done, it's usually around $60 and I tip at least $15. The girl I was going to is excellent.


I was with another lady at the same salon before, the total was $85 and I only tipped ten because she pretty much ripped my hair out of my head, even though I had already told her it hurt.
My friend works at Fantastic Sams. The last time she colored %26amp; highlighted my hair at the salon, I was there 2 days in a row 4-6 hours each day trying to get the color to work right (I've got funky hair. lol) It cost me around $180 and I tipped her $10 each day. YIKES!





The next time she did my hair at her house. I paid $10 for each color (used 3 colors) and paid her $20.
The last time i got my hair cut, styled, dyed, and highlighted it cost me 90 dollars for everything, and that included some hair care product. I tiped the lady 10 dollars.... because that was all i had !
Depends how intricate it is. For long hair I charge: any where from $80 to $150. For short hair: $50 to $100. Tip at least 15%. $10 to $20.
well i am blessed my friend charges me 45.00. and tip her 20.00. there is another place i go when she is not available and she charges 90.00 and i tip 10.00
I live in the U.K and i pay 70 pound for a colour cut and blow dry. I think thats about 50/60 dollars??

No comments:

Post a Comment