Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Can you use a highlight cap w/ color instead of bleach?

I had my hair colored (I was VERY Blonde before). The stylist used a light caramel brown, strawberry blonde/red, and left a few highlights. Because I was so blonde before most of the darker red tones she put in my hair have faded already. It has only been a week and I paid $140 at my appointment. I don't want to spend a lot of money again and I can't foil my hair myself but I was wondering about using a highlight cap and pulling some strands through and adding some more red to my hair. Is this possible?Can you use a highlight cap w/ color instead of bleach?
It is possible but I'm not sure that's going to give you the effect you want. A highlighting cap is going to be putting the colored strands on the top layer of your hair, where people usually wear highlights. Since the color you want is darker you probably want it underneath. Maybe you can get a friend to help you foil it.





One thing you need to know though is that color fades very quickly if you do not use good shampoo that is specifically made for ';color treated hair';. Red fades faster than anything. So, if you want your color to last, whether you do it at home or in a salon you need to go buy some good shampoo for colored hair. I have personally used Aquage, Wella, Redken, and Purology for my colored hair with good results. I think Aquage and Wella have been the best at preventing color fade. Also, most hot oil treatments, and many deep conditioners will strip your hair color. So, avoid those too. Just use the conditioner for color treated hair that is the same brand as the shampoo you buy.





Good luck.Can you use a highlight cap w/ color instead of bleach?
Yeah, I do stuff like that sometimes. I refuse to let any hairdresser cut or color my hair, they always manage to ruin it. I have dark brown hair and when I ask for hilites (they always give me blond ones), I mean a dark carmel, reddish brown. So I just buy that color at CVS or something, mix it all together, and pick out pieces from my hair and just rub it on with my fingers. It works the exact same. The cap doesn't work great because it starts hiliting almost an inch from your scalp. Try using the end of a comb and zigzagging, take those pieces, and rub the dye on them. Works better.
You should go back and tell the stylist. that happened to my mom since she is so blond, and the lady redid it. You should try doing that instead of doing it yourself, you may ruin an expensive hair do.
You can use a cap for any color. The main difference between foiling and capping is you can control how big the highlights are with foiling. All the same.
Yeah. You can use a cap with anything...But if your hair is longer, It will hurt, and be harder to pull through.
Yes, you can, I did my mommas this way and it turned out great!
yep! do it :) i always use a highlighting cap
byes . bleach is bad for your hair
yea i think they sell them

No comments:

Post a Comment