Thursday, December 31, 2009

What color highlights should i get if my hair is chocolate brown? or if my hair is a dark auburn?

A combination of highlights and lowlights (darker) would be best for your hair. Your stylists can help you choose the best colors for your hair and skin tone. Highlights are done with hair bleach, so you definately want a professional doing that. They can stop the color and fix it if it starts to pull out too much orange.





Also, hightlights are not all applied the same way. For my cut, the highlights look like a kind of upside down ';V'; shape when all the foils are in., and the highlights are not woven, they are just painted on an entire section of hair, but the hair is seperated differently and it works out really well for the layered face framing cut i have) Different than the ';normal'; application. Your stylists should have a color book that has different application techniques to give you the best look for your hair cut.What color highlights should i get if my hair is chocolate brown? or if my hair is a dark auburn?
A caramel colour would probably look great, if you want to go that way. But if you want something more subtle, reds are always a good shade. I would definitely recommend you get a professional to do it, if it's your first time.What color highlights should i get if my hair is chocolate brown? or if my hair is a dark auburn?
Get honey!





I tried blonde highlights last year on my dark brown hair and it looked so awkward. Not bad...but just could have been better...you know?





so get a honey or a lighter shade of brown by like 3 or 4 shades lighter.





The thing though is that it will make your face glow a little more because it won't be an awkward shade. The more natural it looks, the better...because it will just work better with your skin tone.





Your hair stylist will probably be the best help though.

No comments:

Post a Comment