Wednesday, December 16, 2009

What store bought hair color can I buy to color over my blonde highlights?

My hair is is naturally a light brown with a hint of strawberry blonde. About 3 weeks ago I had blonde highlights put in it and the girl did it to light and too chunky. Now I just want to have one hair color again. Highlights are too high maintenance anyway. So what is the best way to get back to my original color without going to the salon? What's the best brand of haircolor? Will it look weird to put color on top of highlights, even if my roots are growing out already? Help!What store bought hair color can I buy to color over my blonde highlights?
You should get the color of your natural hair. Try a semi-permanent color first because a permanent color may come out either too dark on the highlighted parts or the highlighted parts may come out lighter then the rest until it grows out some. The best bet is to go to a hairdresser for color because they know about color and how to best work with processed or lightened hair. Good luck!What store bought hair color can I buy to color over my blonde highlights?
Since it's highlights, I'd try Clairol Loving Care. You can build up the color instead of using a permanent color that might not be right. If you get the one that matches your natural color, you might find your color becomes a bit more even.
If you just had highlights done, I'd wait at least three to four weeks to dye your hair again. I've had similar problems, but I recommend that you buy a color that is up to two shades darker than your natural color and apply all over. Be sure that you don't buy a color that is too dark, or else when your roots will start growing out, it's going to show. I'd buy the hair color at a beauty store like Sally Beauty Supply-you buy either a liquid or cream and also by a reactant (it looks like white hair conditioner), you also need a brush and some gloves. It's going to look darker to you than you think but remember exposure to sun and hair dryers, curlers, some hair products, etc. all act as agents that slowly fade artificial hair color.
manic panic (for the person above me) is only good for bright colors like purple.
You can always buy a Clairol color kit or whatever brand and just color over it .But you should wait another week to do so.Any brand and any color as long as it is darker than your hair color.But your highlights can turn out lighter than the rest of your hair after you color it.
Manic Panic. ftw!
Always you can do a strand test for yourself and decide what suits you best . More information at http://moreaboutcolor.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment