Friday, December 18, 2009

What is the best way to turn over-highlighted hair back to natural color at home?

I'm tired of ruining my hair by over-highlighting and would like to go back to natural color which is medium brown. The rest of my hair is probably classified as light ash blonde. My natural color has grown out 3 or 4 inches since last highlights. Can I use an all over color or am I going to end up with different shades just darker? My hair is long. I was looking at something like Loreal's new Natural Match which are suppose to give you a more natural color. Any help would be much appreciated.What is the best way to turn over-highlighted hair back to natural color at home?
OMG gurl, all I can say is BE CAREFUL. and if you can afford it, go to a SALON for your hair color. People don't think so, but box color is stronger that salon (this is how at home processing is done quicker, thus more damaging!!) And since your hair has already been damaged from highlighting putting dye on top of it might just kill it... I used the same exact hair dye(natural match) and it stained my hair b/c lighter hair ';grabs color'; (it gets darker waay faster, so I ended up with dark choc brown instead of light ash brown) for the same exact problem...(i had too much blonde) and now my hair is so damaged I can barely do nething with it. I wish I had my highlights...and my not-so-damaged hair


Sry to write a book, but seriously.... GO TO A SALON, ITS WORTH IT!!!What is the best way to turn over-highlighted hair back to natural color at home?
Well for the best results, i would go to your hair stylists and have her dye it back to it's original color. But since you want the cheapists, fastest way, i heard walnut juice turns hari darak and it works. So try it!
don't do it urself...go 2 a salon %26amp; ask them 2 first tone out ur highlights %26amp; then have them dye all ur hair 2 match ur natural color. that is the best way 2 do it!


hope this helps!


:]]]]
Hi, i had the same problem a while back i used an all over hair dye and it was all different shades, it wasn't till i dyed it a couple more times it all looked the same, i have been told there is a product that can strip the unnatural colour from your hair before you dye it, My hair dresser said it works wonders! ( im not sure though i haven't tried it yet ) lol hope that helps a little!

No comments:

Post a Comment