Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Should I go to the store and buy a color to cover my terrible highlights?

O.K. I had my hair hightlighted and it was not blonde enough, I went back and had them re done but the stylist just went overboard and also left them in too long...I now have slightly over processed hair...I hate it and I don't want to go back again. Is there a color that I can use to cover my yellow colored hair and get a good result. Maybe a semi permanent coppery or reddy brown color...I am so upset, I look like Myra Hindley...(if you are British you will know who she is) any advice will bw warmly welcomed.Should I go to the store and buy a color to cover my terrible highlights?
You should go back to the salon here you had the high lights done in the first place. Ask to speak to the salon manager or a color technician and explain what happened. You paid for a service and you should receive what you paid for. Please do not buy a boxed color and try to fix this yourself. Because your hair is bleached out and probably somewhat damaged, you could end up with disastrous results.Should I go to the store and buy a color to cover my terrible highlights?
maybe just get a toner. Be careful on putting a box color over it as it might react with the highlights and make it look too red. If you're unhappy with it, i'd go back to the stylist and have them fix it. They should fix it free of cost if you're unhappy.
Gypsy Queen is right,i'm myself a hairstylist and believe that you should go back to the salon and have the owner or manager resolve your issue even thought you been there twice already.I will not recommend that you fix it yourself it will only make matter worst
Most highlights will calm down after a few shampoos. You could put a toner on it but it requires more peroxide which is the last thing you want right now. There is a shampoo called shimmer lights that has a violet base that will tone your brassy lights down. I don't know if you have access to this brand or not. If you do don't let sit on your hair too long or it will look gray.
I love Clairol Natural Instincts semi-permanent dye. It will nicely blend out your highlights without changing your base hair color. (It's called semi-permanent but is actually permanent on the highlights.)





Whenever my highlights grow out too much or I get tired of them, I use the hair dye to take my hair back to it's natural color. It's great stuff.





http://www.clairol.com/naturalinstincts/鈥?/a>
DONT DYE YOUR HAIR OF ITS BEEN LESS THAN 1 1/2 MONTHS!!!! you will cause more damage and trama to your hair! if you are really desperat than use that washout color on your highlights! but do not i repeat! DO NOT dye your hair until its stronger!
just go to a store and get a hair dye you like, but ask the pros first if you put on a black colored hair dye on your highlights it might look like you have Grey hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment