Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Can over the counter color be used on highlighted hair?

I have always had my hair professionally highlighted. I was wondering if I could use home color on it since it seems a bit dull right now.I was thinking it would be alot less expensive.Can over the counter color be used on highlighted hair?
its summer time buy some sun in it gives out natural highlights or you could spray lemon juice in hair there both the same thingCan over the counter color be used on highlighted hair?
okay so i have always highlighted my hair myself.


i just go to walmart or target some place like that and i look at all the boxes and i pick out one that i like the color the best. and i also try to match the hair color of the model on the box to mine so i know exactly what it will look like.


here are some tips. dont put a lot of highlights in. maybe to like 10-15 total. one time when i highlighted it i added a lot more and i kept adding more, and it turned out horrible, it looked like i just dyed my whole head. so less is better.


and also dont leave the dye in for long especailly if you're dying it blonde. the longer you leave it in the lighter the color will be. just follow the directions carefully. and usually home dyes say you have to do allergy tests/hair color tests. you really dont need to do that. i never do, plus it just takes time.


and my last tip is that you shouldn't wash you're hair for about a day before you highlight it. this is because you need the oils from your hair to help protect it more from the dying. so i would do it over the weekend.





good luck =)


and you can email me if you have anymore questions. i have a lottt of experience doing this myself.
yes you can, i recently did it.





But remember if you are colouring it darker expect to have some lighter streaks through your hair coming from the previous highlights =]
  • va loan
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment